*

*
Sharptop 2014

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Let them come along


The fall season is starting to slow down in the area....and I can already feel it (such a blessing). It's been a great fall and we have had some wonderful events, but now that it's over it's a lot better to look back and thank God for the opportunities that we had with kids. Now I can shift my focus from the area more to ministry in East Peoria.
Saturday morning I woke up to a text that informed me that a meeting that I was supposed to have was cancelled. This gave me an opportunity to look at North Park's soccer schedule (the college I went/played for) and noticed the girls and guys team was playing that night and it was senior night. So immediately I started to text kids. I heard a voice in my head from a training I went through say "what does it look like to have kids come along with you into the things that you're doing?"

So I told myself if there are no kids that can come with you to Chicago to watch a couple of soccer games, then your not going. And I'm so glad I did this. There were 2 girls that were able to come and we had a great time. The ride up was full of conversation and laughter and of course music that we could sing along to.
It was senior night at NPU and seeing parents of girls that I had played with and mentored while being in Chicago was so great and encouraging. It definitely made me miss working with those girls, but having Bailey and Turner with me made me appreciate being in Peoria that much more. They loved meeting people that I had invested time into as well as their parents and just seeing my life in Chicago.
I also got them to try mediterranean food!! YAY for getting kids to do new things!

I would have been a fool to pass up this opportunity. I'm so thankful that my schedule freed up to do something like this. And I'm so thankful for people like you that support me in random
outings with girls as well as planned events. So thank you!!



Want to support Ashley financially? Click this link :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment