*

*
Sharptop 2014

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

School is in session

Welcome!!

I am starting this little blog to keep folks a little more updated on the work that God is doing in Central Illinois through Young Life.
My goal for this is to update it bi-weekly. I think that there is only so much that can be said in a newsletter that goes out seasonal, but if I'm able to share stories a little more often and talk about the needs and happenings of East Peoria a little more often, there's a little more that can be said.

With that, school has started. East Peoria High School is in full swing with classes. And this Friday night is Maroon and Gold night. This is a wonderful opportunity for my leaders and myself to get our face out there right at the start of the year and also getting to see who the coaches are this season as well as the players we will be cheering for.

My hope is that our momentum from camp this summer will translate into our Young Life club this fall. Club is starting September 9!!! Right around the corner. Right now conversations are being had with kids about who they want to bring, and what club needs to look like.

Recently I just started renting a house in the East Peoria area and it has been so awesome to see how much of a blessing living in the community is. It's been so common to hear a knock on the door and open it and have a kid come walking right in. It's a space that I'm really excited about and I know that there are going to be so many kids that will walk in and out of that door. Homework nights can happen, bonfires, movie nights, conversations about life, the list goes on and on.

Well, I'm ready to put the seat belt back on and take off into another school year. I'm so thankful that you have decided to join me in this. Who knows what's going to happen this year.. But I'm EXCITED!!!


If you'd like to make a financial gift follow this link. I would not be able to do the things I'm doing without your support. Thank you!!!
Support Ashley Financially

No comments:

Post a Comment